- This event has passed.
Responsible Investment in Europe: A multi-stakeholder conference ►
Over the last year ShareAction has been laying the foundations for the European Responsible Investment Network (ERIN), a new network of civil society organisations in Europe that are working towards sustainable capital markets. The conference will mark the formal launch of ERIN and be the first time we bring people from across Europe together.
The aims of this event are to:
- Identify, present and spread best practice in Responsible Investment in Europe, with a particular emphasis on low carbon solutions
- Explore how civil society, the investment industry and policy actors can work together to progress Responsible Investment and the low carbon transition
- Build public awareness around the important role that institutional investment plays in society
Confirmed speakers include:
- David Pitt-Watson, Chair, UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative & Executive Fellow, London Business School
- Claudia Kruse, Managing Director Sustainability & Corporate Governance, APG
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive, ShareAction
- Jeroen Hooijer, Head of Unit, Company Law, European Commission, Directorate General Justice and Consumers
- Heffa Schücking, CEO, urgewald
- Arild Hermstad, CEO, Framtiden i våre henders
- Jochen Wermuth, Founder and CIO, Wermuth Asset Management
- Sonia Medina, Climate Change Director, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
- Chris Barrett, Executive Director, Finance and Economics, European Climate Foundation
- Nicolas Firzli, Director-General, World Pension Forum
- Niels Lemmers, Managing Director, European Investors
The full agenda with more confirmed speakers will be shared soon.
Who should attend?
9 June 2016: Professionals from the investment industry, policy making and the civil society sector with an interest in advancing Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Europe.
10 June 2016: Aimed at civil society members of ShareAction’s European Responsible Investment Network and those that may have an interest in becoming involved, the second day will focus on skill sharing in campaigning for better investment practices and strategy development for the Network. If you are interested in ERIN, we strongly recommend you attend both days.
You can reserve your free place here.